Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PATCH: CITEXT 2.0 v3
Date: 2008-07-11 19:37:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David E. Wheeler napsal(a):
> Attached is a new version of a patch to add a CITEXT contrib module.
> Changes since v2:
>
> * Optimized citext_eq() and citext_ne() (the = and <> operators,
> respectively) by having them use strncmp() instead of varstr_cmp(). Per
> discussion.
>
> * Added `RESTRICT` and `JOIN` clauses to the comparison operators (=,
> <>, <, >, <=, >=). These improve statistics estimations, increasing the
> liklihood that indices will be used.

I'm sorry for late response. I'm little bit busy this week. I quickly look on
your latest changes and it seems to me that everything is OK. I'm going to
change status to ready for commit. After discussion with Pavel Stehule I changed
meaning about pgFoundry vs. contrib. Contrib is OK for me.

Maybe some native speaker should review documentation.

Zdenek

--
Zdenek Kotala Sun Microsystems
Prague, Czech Republic http://sun.com/postgresql