Time to get rid of -Winline ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Time to get rid of -Winline ?
Date: 2008-08-19 16:25:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Having recently updated my work machine to Fedora 9, I'm now getting
blessed with all the -Winline warnings that gcc 4.3 likes to emit.
I recall some other folk complaining of that previously. While I could
suppress the switch in a Makefile.custom, I'm wondering whether it's
really doing anything for us. The original motivation for putting it in
by default was to find out how many of our "inline" decorations were
really working, but AFAIR we have never done anything with that issue
anyway...