Re: Generating code coverage reports

From: Michelle Caisse <Michelle(dot)Caisse(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Generating code coverage reports
Date: 2008-07-10 21:24:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It should be possible to make it work for a VPATH build with
appropriate arguments to gcov and lcov, but currently it expects the
object files and generated data files to be in the build directory.

You need access to the build tree to generate coverage statistics and to
generate the report with "make coverage" after running the tests or
application.

-- Michelle

--
Michelle Caisse Sun Microsystems