Re: replication

From: Allan Kamau <allank(at)sanbi(dot)ac(dot)za>
To: Adrian Moisey <adrian(at)careerjunction(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: replication
Date: 2008-06-25 11:52:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Initially you may want to get the full dump (this applies also to the
replication option) across to your other site. You may want to bzip2 the
dump file, you may be surprised by the reduction of file size using
bzip2. Try "tar -cjf mydump.sql.tar.bz2 mydump.sql" then transfer it
using scp or place it on an ftp server in your local office, then login
remotely (ssh) to a pc/server on your destination office then issue
"wget -c -t0 http://myftpsite/path/to/mydump.sql".

Allan.