Patch: log level change in gistsplit.c

From: Josh Hansen <josh(dot)hansen(at)zonarsystems(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch: log level change in gistsplit.c
Date: 2013-01-16 00:01:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello all,

We've been seeing these same messages flying by our logs for years:

2012-12-13 22:28:07 GMT LOG: picksplit method for column 2 of index "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_idx" doesn't support secondary split

I see from the linked message that Tom Lane made the recommendation of changing the loglevel from LOG to DEBUG1. As such, I've gone ahead and made this change and attached the patch file. http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-08/msg01810.php

The patch itself was created against the latest master.

Thanks!

Josh Hansen

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail may contain proprietary information some of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information by someone other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Attachment Content-Type Size
picksplit_loglevel.patch application/octet-stream 714 bytes
ATT00001.htm text/html 231 bytes