Re: postgres 'forgets' table definitions

From: alex <alex(dot)pgsql(at)kerkhove(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres 'forgets' table definitions
Date: 2008-06-10 13:59:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Problem solved!

After a vacuum full verbose analyze of all the pg_* tables everything is fine again.

I switched to a scripted vacuum about 6 months ago because some (history)tables take way too long to vacuum and have static data anyway. But as it turns out I skipped all the pg_ tables since then. So they were not vacuumed for quite some time.

Even without vacuuming, I don't think postgres should ever behave like this, but I'm glad my problem is solved now.

(perhaps this issue is fixed in newer releases, if not someone might want to look in to this pg_* tables/vacuum issue)

alex.