Re: replication hooks

From: James Mansion <james(at)mansionfamily(dot)plus(dot)com>
To: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: replication hooks
Date: 2008-06-01 19:48:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marko Kreen wrote:
> There is this tiny matter of replicating schema changes asynchronously,
> but I suspect nobody actually cares. Few random points about that:

I'm not sure I follow you - the Sybase 'warm standby' replication of
everything is really
useful for business continuity. The per-table rep is more effective for
publishing reference
data, but is painful to maintain.

Not having something that automagically reps a complete copy including
DDL (except
for temp tables) is a major weakness IMO.

James