Re: Overhauling GUCS

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Overhauling GUCS
Date: 2008-06-01 01:41:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> * A weak +1 to the #include idea. I'm much more inclined to simply
> add a new section to the bottom of the file and use version
> control, but I could see ways in which include would be useful.

We already have include directives, and have had since 8.2.

Thus spake the docs:

"In addition to parameter settings, the postgresql.conf file can contain
/include directives/, which specify another file to read and process as
if it were inserted into the configuration file at this point. Include
directives simply look like:

include 'filename'

If the file name is not an absolute path, it is taken as relative to the
directory containing the referencing configuration file. Inclusions can
be nested."

cheers

andrew