phpeclipse debugging & setup

From: PJ <af(dot)gourmet(at)videotron(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: phpeclipse debugging & setup
Date: 2008-05-30 15:58:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Running FreeBSD 7.0, Eclipse SDK 3.3.2, java 1.6.0_03-p4, apache 2.2.8,
php5.2.6, postgresql 8.3.1.

I found that configuring Xdebug just does not work the way all the
manuals, instructions and hints suggest: the only way I could get Xdebug
to work (but does it?), that is, to show up under phpinfo() as both the
zend module and xdebug module was to enter only zend_extension=xdebug.so
in php.ini (with the other configuration parameters) but NOT adding it
to the extensions.ini file.

phpeclipse seems to be working - HOWEVER, it does not ignore php
comments and commented out instructions and the PHP Browser does not
seem to be working.
Such errors as "pg_exec, pg_errormessage() pg_free_result(),
pg_num_rows() & others: supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
resource" are not caught.
Strangely, the Firefox plugin DBGbar catches these errors... ???

What are Bookmarks in phpEclipse? Are they meant to be breakpoints?
Why does the PHPbrowser (internal) not work?
Why does the preferences page not show PHP Web developing?
Why is only MySQL included and not postgresql in the setup?

Any suggestions, explanations, instructions, sources of information
would be appreciated.
PJ