How long - Vacumm full - 10 million to 90,000

From: Emi Lu <emilu(at)encs(dot)concordia(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How long - Vacumm full - 10 million to 90,000
Date: 2008-05-29 15:33:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Good morning,

A question about VACUUM FULL. The docs say:

VACUUM FULL is recommended for cases where you know you have deleted the
majority of rows in a table, so that the steady-state size of the table
can be shrunk substantially with VACUUM FULL's more aggressive approach.
Use plain VACUUM, not VACUUM FULL, for routine vacuuming for space recovery.

I have a table from around 10 million to 90,000, after deletion, I tried
to use vacuum full, but it seems that it takes forever to finish. Could
anyone tell me how long it will take to finish the Recovering disk space
please?

Thanks a lot!