Re: Gui Interface

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Gui Interface
Date: 2008-05-28 20:41:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 28/05/2008 21:30, Sri Lakshmi wrote:

> First I would like to thank you for responding to my email. I went to
> the website, but could not find exactly what I am looking for.
> I want the GUI interface for Linux. Right now I am using pgadmin GUI for
> windows I downloaded from
> ftp://ftp10.us.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/binary/v8.3.1/win32/postgre
> sql-8.3.1-1.zip
>
> And I configured this for my application by installing this zip file.
>
> So do I get some thing like this for Linux and I am using CentOS5, where
> I got postgressql by default.

If you click the "Download" link at the top of the main page on the
PgAdmin site, you get a page with links to packages for various
distributions. I haven't used CentOS, so I can't advise which package to
use - RPM maybe?

> All I need is to create a database and a user for my application using
> pgadmin front end.

If that's all you need to do, you may as well do it from the command
line - log into the DBMS with psql[1], and then issue CREATE DATABASE
and CREATE USER commands; or you could use the createdb[2] and
createuser[3] wrapper programs, which are quite handy.

HTH,

Ray.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/app-psql.html
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/app-createdb.html