Re: Money data type - Deprecated?

From: Justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Money data type - Deprecated?
Date: 2008-05-26 20:29:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 03:46:39PM -0400, Justin wrote:
>
>> Thats a good Question is the Money type ever going to die i believe it was
>> deprecated several versions ago?
>>

> I think it was undeprecated in 8.3 because someone (D'Arcy J.M. Cain?)
> made a bunch of changes to the datatype to make it more
> currency-portable. Have a look in the release notes.

I did it don't say that much

*

Widen the MONEY data type to 64 bits (D'Arcy Cain)

This greatly increases the range of supported MONEY values.

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8-3.html

Is there somewhere else i'm suppose to look? I'm glade its been saved.

it could use more improvements like ability to
1.change precision,
2.change output format.