Re: What is postgresql status?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What is postgresql status?
Date: 2011-08-24 20:14:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> be worked around without *too* much effort, justifies running a known
>> broken

> Anything before 8.2 is considered broken, unfixable, not going to be
> fixed as far as windows is concerned.

Actually, anything before 8.2 is out of support on all platforms now.
But running pre-alpha 8.0 on Windows is really seriously dangerous;
the list of now-known bugs in that immature port will curl your toes.
I second the advice to the OP to get off that version *now*.
8.2.some-recent-minor-release is the minimum version you should be
running if you're on Windows.