Re: [GENERAL] Fragments in tsearch2 headline

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Pierre-Yves Strub <pierre(dot)yves(dot)strub(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sushant354(at)gmail(dot)com, Pierre-Yves Strub <pierre(dot)yves(dot)strub(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Fragments in tsearch2 headline
Date: 2008-05-24 04:07:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> stucked with the function LexizeExec which I do not totally understand
> (... and is not well documents too :) )

Sorry for that. LexizeExec() is a play around supporting thesaurus dictionary,
which is designed to replace phrase by phrase. So, if it see first matched word
then it asks the parse to get next word. On next word it have four options:
- asks next word
- returns substituting phrase
- says: Hey, I have a match, but it's possible to find a largest match, so
give a next word
- says about false match, so parser should return back and try next dictionary
from the begining or last match.

Now only thesaurus dictionary can work in that mode but nothing forbids to have
another dictionary with phrase recognition.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/