max_fsm_relations

From: "Gauthier, Dave" <dave(dot)gauthier(at)intel(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: max_fsm_relations
Date: 2009-02-27 19:37:03
Lists: pgsql-general

I just did a Vacuum Analyze on a DB. It worked OK, but I got...

NOTICE: max_fsm_relations(1000) equals the number of relations checked
HINT: You have at least 1000 relations. Consider increasing the configuration parameter "max_fsm_relations"

I browsed around and learned that this has to do with keeping track of free disk space.
Q: Is there a problem with leaving this alone? How serious is this if it is a problem?
Q: Is there a way I can shrink this number (reload the data to consume the free space perhaps?)

Thanks
-dave