Re: change encoding

From: "J(dot) Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET" <tech(at)ubilibet(dot)com>
To: "J(dot) Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET" <tech(at)ubilibet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: change encoding
Date: 2008-05-13 15:37:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Thanks for your quick replay, but I had other thing to do and I haven't
could check your hint before.

I started a new postgresql-8-3 installation. Set it up, ok

I have the idea to create the database and the role and then load the
pg_dump result from the other database. The old databse has encoding
LATIN2 so I try to create with this encoding and I get the message(*):
ERROR: la codificacion LATIN2 no coincide con la configuracion regional
del servidor es_es.UTF8
DETAIL: la configuracion regional LC_TYPE del servidor requiere la
codificacion UTF8

The command I try is:
postgres=# create database gestio_sl with template=template0 owner
webadmin encoding='latin2';

(*)That means more or less:
LATIN2 doesn't match with the regional configuration of the server
regional configuration requires UTF8 encoding

So, my question is how can i set the regional configuration of the
server to LATIN2

Thanks in advance.

Good luck!