Re: bloated heapam.h

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bloated heapam.h
Date: 2008-05-10 11:52:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera napsal(a):

> Others are more conflictive. For example syncscan.c is keeping the
> prototypes for its own functions on heapam.h. Also pruneheap.c and
> rewriteheap.c. As a result, not only themselves need to include
> heapam.h (without any other need for it), but they force some other
> files into including heapam.h to get their prototypes. I think this is
> a mistake; I propose splitting those prototypes to their own files, and
> #including those as appropriate.
>
> Objections?

I have similar thing in my TODO list. See my patch from March commit fest and
discussion. I need solve two main issues - remove postgres.h from binaries and
keep history of structures (for pg_upgrade project).

My idea is split structures and functions in separate header files.

Zdenek

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-10/msg00197.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2008-04/msg00149.php