Re: Intro and Anyone else in the Harrisburg, PA Area?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bret Fledderjohn <freelancer317(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Intro and Anyone else in the Harrisburg, PA Area?
Date: 2008-05-06 02:38:12
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Bret Fledderjohn wrote:
> I'm new to PostgreSQL, however a big open source software fan. I'm the
> team contact/leader for the Ubuntu Pennsylvania Local Community Team,
> and am looking for ways to help with the PostgreSQL team. I am

Glad to have you.

> I know there is supposed to be a users group in Philly and Baltimore/DC
> (which is closer than Philly), but if there are any people in the
> mid-state, maybe we can get something rolling here.

Selena Deckelmann is our User Group Liaison: selena(at)postgresql(dot)org . She
can help you with the requirements on that front. We can also help you
with others things like flyers and swag.

> I'm also going to see if I can help with the PostgreSQL packaging for
> Ubuntu.

I believe the person you need to talk to for Ubuntu is Martin Pitt.

https://launchpad.net/~pitti

> Thanks for listening, and I look forward to working with everyone.

You may also want to join pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org which is the
general list for postgresql in the United States.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake