Re: Patch to add objetct size on "\d+" verbose output

From: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Dickson dos Santos Guedes" <guediz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch to add objetct size on "\d+" verbose output
Date: 2008-05-02 10:16:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dickson dos Santos Guedes wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I was going to try this patch out, but it would not apply. Seems that
>> where the patch should have &, it has &amp; instead. Has this somehow
>> been HTML entity-ified?
>
> Hi Brendan,
>
> You are right, I don't now why this occurs. I'm sending it now
> gziped, You may test it again.

Although it would often be nice to see tables sorted by size, I don't
like having a different ordering in verbose mode, that's just confusing.

Patch committed, sans the ordering change. I also moved the Size column
before Description, I think it looks better to have the potentially long
Description column at the end. It's also consistent with the \l+ output
that way.

Thanks for the patch!

--
Heikki Linnakangas