Re: help about replication

From: "Jignesh K(dot) Shah" <J(dot)K(dot)Shah(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Igniris Valdivia Baez <ivaldivia(at)estudiantes(dot)uci(dot)cu>
Cc: Thomas Bräutigam <thomas(dot)braeutigam(at)nexustelecom(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help about replication
Date: 2008-05-01 13:00:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Igniris Valdivia Baez wrote:
> Hola
> Soy estudiante de Ingeniería Informática. Le escribo porque consulté una publicación suya en la web sobre POSTGRESQL y más específicamente mi duda es sobre replica, tenemos un escenario de la siguiente manera, queremos montar una aplicación para el país completo, que es necesario que todos puedan consultar y modificar sobre los mismos datos y tenemos la duda si usar PgCluster nos seria factible? y si es así si seria síncrono o asíncrono. Otra cosa, que seria el replicador(hardware o software) y el balanceador de carga.
> Gracias de antemano
> Saludos Igniris

Allright

I used google translate to understand the email

"
Hello
I am a student of computer engineering. I am writing you because I
consulted a publication on the web and more specifically on POSTGRESQL
is definitely on my replica, we have a scenario as follows, we want to
mount an application for the whole country, it is necessary that
everyone can see and change on them data and we doubt if we use
PgCluster feasible? and if so whether serious synchronous or
asynchronous. Another thing that would be the replicator (hardware or
software) and the load balancer.
Thanks in advance
Greetings Igniris
"

Anyway I dont think I have any answers to this.

-Jignesh