Re: buildfarm: could not read block 3 in file "base/16384/2662": read only 0 of 8192 bytes

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm: could not read block 3 in file "base/16384/2662": read only 0 of 8192 bytes
Date: 2018-08-09 13:31:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08/09/2018 01:03 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> writes:
>> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 7:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>>> Oooh ... but pg_class wouldn't be big enough to get a parallel
>>> index rebuild during that test, would it?
>> Typically not, but I don't think that we can rule it out right away.
> Hmmm ... maybe we should temporarily stick in an elog(LOG) showing whether
> a parallel build happened or not, so that we can check the buildfarm logs
> next time we see that failure?
>
>> I don't know all that much about the buildfarm client code, and it's
>> late.
> It doesn't really stick in any undocumented configuration changes,
> AFAIK. Possibly Andrew would have some more insight.

No, everything should be visible in the config. Hidden things are what I
try to avoid.

The only things the configure()  adds are the prefix and pgport
settings, and the cache-file. make() only adds a "-j jobs" if so
configured. make_check() normally just runs "make NO_LOCALE=1 check".

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan https://www.2ndQuadrant.com