Re: win32mak_patch

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: win32mak_patch
Date: 2008-04-29 11:40:23
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hiroshi Saito wrote:
>> Anyway. If you get references to it, you need to pull in port/dirmod.c
>> into psql as well. Normally, it would get this through libpgport, but
>> it looks like your custom makfile is pulling the files in directly
>> instead. So adding dirmod to the list of stuff from src/port should
>> hopefully fix your problem.
>
> Um, win32.mak of libpq needed to add dirmod.c --
> libpq.lib(fe-connect.obj) : error LNK2001: (snip-sjis message)
> "_pgwin32_safestat"
>
> Then, Is containing in libpq wrong? I'm confused for a while...

Yes, you are missing something :-)

The patch for win32.mak I'm happy to apply, it looks fine.

The patch for exports.txt does not look fine.

Can you confirm that you can build things properly *with* the patch to
win32.mak but *without* the patch to exports.txt?

Also, I assume this needs to be backpatched?

//Magnus