Re: CF entries for 17 to be reviewed

From: "Andrey M(dot) Borodin" <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CF entries for 17 to be reviewed
Date: 2024-03-04 11:51:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 4 Mar 2024, at 13:42, Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru> wrote:
>
> Here’s my take on “Miscellaneous” section.

I’ve read other small sections.

Monitoring & Control
* Logging parallel worker draught
The patchset on improving loggin os resource starvation when parallel workers are spawned. Some major refactoring proposed. I've switched to WoA.
* System username in pg_stat_activity
There's active discussion on extending or not pg_stat_activity.

Testing
* Add basic tests for the low-level backup method
Michael Paquier provided feedback, so I switched to WoA.

System Administration
* recovery modules
There was a very active discussion, but after April 2023 it stalled, and only some rebases are there. Maybe a fresh look could revive the thread.
* Possibility to disable `ALTER SYSTEM`
The discussion seems active, but inconclusive.
* Add checkpoint/redo LSNs to recovery errors.
Michael Paquier provided feedback, so I switched to WoA.

Security
* add not_before and not_after timestamps to sslinfo extension and pg_stat_ssl
Most recent version provided by Daniel Gustafsson, but the thread stalled in September 2023. Maybe Jacob or some other reviewer could refresh it, IMO this might land in 17.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.