Re: PUGS talk

From: Dirk Jagdmann <doj(at)cubic(dot)org>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PUGS talk
Date: 2008-04-28 05:01:58
Lists: sfpug

pg_trompe is a multi-master asynchronous replication system for
PostgreSQL. It was designed to provide a simple mechanism to share data
between multiple server installations in an application using replicated
table data and large objects. It is implemented as a set of stored
procedures and triggers on every database instance, written in pl/pgsql
and a perl program to transmit data between servers. Some of the
difficulties of multi-master replication have been solved by convention,
while others are intentionally ignored.

The talk gives an overview of the application and situation which led to
the development of pg_trompe, then discusses my solution to the
replication problem. I introduce the pl/pgsql and perl code and will
answer any questions on this project or other interesting topics.

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann
----> http://cubic.org/~doj