Re: PGUS Day at LWE

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresq(dot)org, pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGUS Day at LWE
Date: 2008-04-25 20:42:37
Lists: pgus-general

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are having a PG US day at Linux World Expo. The day is on August 5th
> a Tuesday. This is just a heads up. We will be requesting speakers and
> possibly other inovlvement.

As co-organizer of SFPUG, I'm volunteering to run this; we're the ones
on the ground, after all. Objections?

Here's my idea of a schedule:

9:30am to noon: intensive database design or performance workshop

12-1pm: lunch (BYOL)

1pm-4pm: three short talks (50m each) from SFPUG community and visitors

4pm-5pm: Lightning talks

6:30pm: group dinner somewhere in town; will look for local sponsors.

Work for you?

--Josh