Re: bug: no SQL generated for comment on column

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Kev <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bug: no SQL generated for comment on column
Date: 2008-04-24 07:20:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Kev a écrit :
> On win32 rev 7032, if you right-click a table, hit Properties, hit the
> Columns tab, and add a column with a comment, the comment will be
> discarded, because no SQL is generated in the SQL tab for it.

I don't have this issue on linux, on 1.8.3 dev release and on 1.9 dev
release.The fact is I can't add a comment to a new column. Maybe Dave
already fixed this ? (just did a bit of searching and it seems he does,
see revision 7053,
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=7053&view=rev).

So, should be fixed in 1.8.3.

> If you expand the table in the tree and click Columns and add a column
> that way, however, it works correctly.

This works correctly for me too.

--
Guillaume.