Patch for LISTEN/NOTIFY race condition?

From: Meetesh Karia <meetesh(dot)karia(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch for LISTEN/NOTIFY race condition?
Date: 2008-04-22 18:25:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi all,

After upgrading to 8.3 and Slony 1.2.13, one of our import processes
started constantly failing because of deadlock. Our import process
(pl/pgsql function) just uses COPY FROM to populate a temp table and
then inserts from that (without any special locks, etc). And, the
deadlock error showed that the import process was waiting on sl_event
and a slon process was waiting on pg_listener.

I found the following thread in the archives:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2008-03/msg00117.php and it
seemed like it could be the cause of the problem.

Is the patch available anywhere? Also, if it will be available in
8.3.2, is there any information on when that will be released?

Thanks and sorry if I missed this information posted somewhere,

Meetesh