Postgresql Database Admin/Developer - Chicago IL

From: Jon Scarbrough <jscarbrough(at)where2getit(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql Database Admin/Developer - Chicago IL
Date: 2008-04-21 18:21:37
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Where2GetIt (www.where2getit.com) has an immediate opening for a
Postgreql Database Admin/Developer.

Where2GetIt is a fast paced Internet organization in the middle of the
hottest Internet growth areas, location based services. Our continued
growth and success is dependent upon highly motivated and highly skilled
individuals. If you want to join a team of like-minded people, this is
the place for you. With hundreds of clients around the world, we help
consumers find where to buy our client's products (either online or
offline). *We are conveniently located in downtown Arlington Heights 1
block from the NW Metra line.*
* *
This position will be responsible for managing the database
infrastructure for all products delivered by Where2GetIt. The database
infrastructure is a 24x7 operation involving hundreds of gigabytes of
data as well as millions of consumers. The primary database used is
Postgresql with secondary use of Mysql and Oracle.

Primary responsibilities include:

Develop project estimates for database task.
Perform all database related tasks.
Develop database design documentation
Perform unit testing and debugging of database applications
Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and
optimizing performance.
Implement database backup and recovery strategies including high
availability.
Work as a member of a cross-functional development team.
Analyze and translate business requirements into data models
Develop and ensure proper usage of data modeling a, naming and
description standards.

Qualifications:

3+ years SQL development experience
3+ years Postgresql experience with recent 8.2 usage
3+ year managing database production environments
Experience in high transaction volume environment
Experience with spatial database extensions.
Self motivated learner
Experience with Oracle a plus but not a hard requirement
Experience with bash and/or Perl.
Experience with Linux and Unix operating systems.

Please send resumes to jobs(at)where2getit(dot)com