Re: How to submit a patch

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to submit a patch
Date: 2008-04-17 01:37:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Gregory Stark wrote:
> That's why waiting until feature freeze was so awful from my point of view.
> There was never any time left to return patches to the author so Tom ended up
> reworking any patches we really wanted.

Some patches went back and forth a few times even after feature freeze.

Many patches last feature freeze seemed to me at least to be of lower
quality and/or higher complexity than usual, and we had a huge number.
Part of the idea behind commit-fest is to avoid that, and so kicking
patches back to the author is more likely to occur, I think.

cheers

andrew