Re: How to submit a patch

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to submit a patch
Date: 2008-04-16 17:59:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could someone break out exactly what the process is "now" for
> submitting a patch? Last month I sent a patch for pg_dump which never
> got feedback (at least on thread). I just asked and alvaro asked me to
> add it to the commitfest page. Which I have done but I think we need to
> known all the steps and get it documented.
>
> I have:
>
> post to pgsql-hackers with idea, take feedback, code to consensus
> post to pgsql-patches, await feedback
> ?

If you posted it last month then it was too late for the commit-fest
that started on March 1, IIRC, so the fact that you didn't get feedback
is hardly surprising - a commit-fest is like a mini-feature-freeze.

As for the rest, we are still feeling our way a bit, as should have been
apparent from the list emails, so formal documentation is probably
premature.

cheers

andrew