Re: BUG #3983: pgxs files still missing in win32 install (8.3.1)

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Mike Leahy <mgleahy(at)alumni(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3983: pgxs files still missing in win32 install (8.3.1)
Date: 2008-04-13 21:13:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> In general, mingw built modules should load just fine in msvc built
> postgres. AFAIK, that's how PostGIS does it for 8.3 (though I know Mark
> is working on getting MSVC build support for them). Debugging may be a
> bit harder (since they use different kinds of debug symbols - postgres
> uses Windows style and mingw uses mingw style), but it should certainly
> load.
>
> What trouble exactly are you seeing?

Basically, "Procedure not found", even though it is there. Also note
that the same R.dll is being used from the MinGW Postgres installation
(where plr loads successfully) and the MSVC Postgres.

Joe

p.s. actual output below

8<------------------------------

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help with psql commands
\q to quit

Warning: Console code page (437) differs from Windows code page (1252)
8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference
page "Notes for Windows users" for details.

postgres=# load '$libdir/dblink';
LOAD
postgres=# load '$libdir/plr';
ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/plr.dll": The specified procedure could not be
found.

postgres=# CREATE TYPE plr_environ_type AS (name text, value text);
CREATE TYPE
postgres=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION plr_environ ()
postgres-# RETURNS SETOF plr_environ_type
postgres-# AS '$libdir/plr','plr_environ'
postgres-# LANGUAGE 'C';
ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/8.3/lib/plr.dll": The specified procedure could not be
found.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\jconway>dir "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib"
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is A006-8372

Directory of C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\lib

[...]
03/17/2008 03:49 AM 57,344 dblink.dll
[...]
03/17/2008 03:47 AM 28,264 libpq.lib