Job opening for Data Warehouse Developer

From: Darrell Fuhriman <darrell(at)garnix(dot)org>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Job opening for Data Warehouse Developer
Date: 2010-02-11 19:09:13
Lists: pdxpug

Please feel free to distribute appropriately. PDF version at: https://projectdx.com/data_warehouse_job.pdf

Position: Full-time Database/Data Warehouse Developer
Location: On site in Portland, Oregon

Hit the ground running as an integral member of a small, agile
software development team with a mission to help communities achieve a
responsible balance within their urban systems and infrastructure, and
to reduce the impact of new developments on our remaining wild and
natural resources.

Our backgrounds are in sustainable infrastructure planning and design,
complex online systems, and change management. We value people,
teamwork, innovation, diversity, and a healthy life balance, with an
overriding dedication to quality in everything we do.

Responsibilities:
Work closely with our small, cross functional team to implement new
internal and customer facing Business Intelligence applications.
Maintain and expand processes to manage, validate, and transform
customer provided data for use in internal production systems. Expand
internal data warehouse processes and applications. Help manage and
optimize internal databases for use in our web application.
Contribute new and innovative ideas for data visualization and
management.
Desired skills and experience:
5+ years data warehousing/ETL development experience.
Experience in pair programming and test driven development.
Understands the importance of continuous integration and automation
Demonstrated ability and desire to learn continuously.
A bias towards open source tools.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
PostgreSQL, Ruby, Rails, HTML, and Javascript experience.
Familiarity or experience with GIS technologies and applications a
strong plus.

If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.

Send your resume to us at work(at)projectdx(dot)com(dot)

( We're also hiring a Senior Rails Developer: https://projectdx.com/senior_developer_job.pdf
)