Re: plperlu and perl 5.10

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Kev <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plperlu and perl 5.10
Date: 2008-04-08 15:48:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Kev wrote:
>> Recompile PG? Even if I'm running 8.3.1, released well after that?
>
> Oh, sorry, do you mean, it's ready for 5.10 but still compiled with
> 5.8 for now? If so, is there a timeline for compiling with 5.10 by
> default in the production releases of pgsql?

Like Alvaro says, that will be down to the package provider.

I'm prepared to bet good money though that it will co-incide with
whenever they ship Perl 5.10 with your system.

Think about it - how happy would you have been with a plperl that
*didn't* work with your default version of Perl? :-)

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd