Serial Data Type

From: Naz Gassiep <naz(at)mira(dot)net>
To: pgSQL - General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Serial Data Type
Date: 2008-04-03 03:12:37
Lists: pgsql-general

I have just created a table using SELECT INTO however the PK was
supposed to be a serial. It is now an integer. To make it a serial I
just create the seq and set the default to be the nextval() of that
sequence right? is there anything else I need to do? It'll maintain the
transactional safety of a serial created default, right? I.e., it'll not
rollback seq values on a transaction abortion will it?
Thanks,
- Naz.