Making a database connection persists in PHP

From: Mary Anderson <maryfran(at)demog(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Making a database connection persists in PHP
Date: 2008-03-31 23:48:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,
Don't know if this should go to the PHP group or the postgresql group

I am writing a PHP-postgres application. I would like to have a
database connection persists across php pages. What the application
does at present is to create a new connection every time a new page is
called. Can I put a connection into a session variable?

Thanks

Mary Anderson