Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)

From: Tomasz Ostrowski <tometzky(at)batory(dot)org(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)
Date: 2008-03-28 14:41:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2008-03-28 02:00, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> On 28/03/2008, Dawid Kuroczko <qnex42(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Agree, except I would prefer "pg" instead of "pgc".
>
> And it's been taken for about 35 years by a Unix command called "page".
> From its man-page.
> pg - browse pagewise through text files

So maybe "pctl", consistent with "psql".

It is short enough, does not need "shift" and does not confuse, if man
knows that it has something to do with Postgres. It looks it is yet not
taken.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you