Re: Need help on how to backup a table

From: ashish <ashish(dot)karalkar(at)netcore(dot)co(dot)in>
To: ajcity <victor(dot)aluko(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need help on how to backup a table
Date: 2008-03-28 08:45:51
Lists: pgsql-general

ajcity wrote:
> Thanks all. The COPY command seems to do the work.
> One more thing, say I want the data dumped on a remote machine rather than
> on the current machine, how would I do that without having to first dump it
> on the local machine then uploading to the remote machine?

Install psql client on that other m/c and fire command psql -c "copy
...." from there :)
ofcourse with proper pg_hba.conf

With regards
Ashish

sms START NETCORE to 575758 to get updates on Netcore's enterprise
products and services

sms START MYTODAY to 09845398453 for more information on our mobile
consumer services or go to http://www.mytodaysms.com