Re: Time to get infrastructure team-based

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to get infrastructure team-based
Date: 2008-03-22 15:34:38
Lists: pgsql-www

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>>>
>>> No, but it seems like a waste of time to even try.
>>>
>>> One idea is to set up the duplicate infrastructure with a domain in
>>> place, and if the domain change gets blocked, we just switch to the new
>>> domain name.
>> I don't even want to think about the ramifications of doing that.
>
> Well, then we will forever be hostage to the will of the domain name
> holder.

Yes, but that would be equally true of the holder of the new domain. It
would, however, make sense to have the domain reassigned to
postgresql.org - it's currently owned by pgsql,inc. But you still need a
contacts on the domain that are individuals, who will always have at
least a theoretical ability to "hold hostage".

But this is really a different question from the other one. I'm not
saying both shouldn't be fixed, I'm just saying it's different things.

//Magnus