Re: Access complains : Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access complains : Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit
Date: 2008-03-21 11:49:46
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Richard Broersma schrieb:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net
> <mailto:maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>> wrote:
>

> ... event before update caused an error:
> Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit
>

> This sounds more like a MS-Access Visual Basic Coding problem. Any
> ODBC related error messages are really PostgreSQL error messages that
> are relayed to you. What you are describing here doesn't sound any
> thing like and ODBC or PostgreSQL error.
I think it's an Access issue, too, but one that is ODBC related as I
never had this problem without ODBC.
I don't say it is a pgsqlODBC specific error.
I hoped someone here ran into it before and knows a tweak for psqlODBC,
Access or anything to improve this thing.

It's not a VBA coding issue, since the whole data update is done by
Access and the form that is bound to linked in tables.
No ADO-, DAO recordset stuff within my code here.

This form actually has a "before Update" procedure but it just inserts
the current User-ID when the form was changed.
This happens everytime an update occurs and works perfectly next to
everytime it is called.

Regards
Andreas