Re: Need Mentors for Google Summer of Code!

From: Jan Urbański <j(dot)urbanski(at)students(dot)mimuw(dot)edu(dot)pl>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Need Mentors for Google Summer of Code!
Date: 2008-03-18 16:48:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Jan Urbaski wrote:
>
>> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>>> Josh,
>>>
>>> I'm interested in selectivity functions for FTS, proposed by Jan
>>> Urbaski.
>>> In case there will be no available mentors for him, I'd work with him.
>>>
>>> Oleg
>>
>> Thanks! Today I'll post a more detailed plan on -hackers explaining
>> how I think I could approach the problem.
>>
>> Oleg, should I contact you personally to consult the application that
>> I'm going to submit through the Google web app, or should I just send
>> it to Google when the gates open and wait for the results?
>
> If it's not late we should have your idea listed on
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/summerofcode

It's kind of there - in the TODO referenced by the summerofcode page:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html#section_19
-> Improve selectivity functions for geometric operators

But maybe it would by nice to update it to read "improve selectivity
functions for text search", or move it to the summerofcode page.

Regards,
Jan

--
Jan Urbanski