Re: Fragments in tsearch2 headline

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Sushant Sinha <sushant354(at)gmail(dot)com>, Catalin Marinas <catalin(dot)marinas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fragments in tsearch2 headline
Date: 2008-03-17 19:00:54
Lists: pgsql-general

> Teodor, Oleg, do we want this?
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-11/msg00508.php

I suppose, we want it. But there are a questions/issues:
- Is it needed to introduce new function? may be it will be better to add option
to existing headline function. I'd like to keep current layout: ts_headline
provides some common interface to headline generation. Finding and marking
fragments is deal of parser's headline method and generation of exact pieces of
text is made by ts_headline.
- Covers may be overlapped. So, overlapped fragments will be looked odd.

In any case, the patch was developed for contrib version of tsearch.
WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/