Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10

From: Justin <justin(at)emproshunts(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Benchmark: Dell/Perc 6, 8 disk RAID 10
Date: 2008-03-17 07:36:58
Lists: pgsql-performance

OK i'm showing my ignorance of linux. On Ubuntu i can't seem to figure
out if XFS file system is installed, if not installed getting it
installed.

I would like to see the difference between XFS and ext2 performance
numbers.

any pointers would be nice. I 'm not going to reinstall the OS. Nor do
i want to install some unstable library into the kernel.