Re: Ask ctid

From: Achmad Nizar Hidayanto <nizar(at)cs(dot)ui(dot)ac(dot)id>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ask ctid
Date: 2008-03-07 08:28:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for the comment,

I just wonder, how come i have two identic rows. I have set the primary
key and set it as a unique. That's why i take
a look at ctid (in real, i don't use this id. I just tried to trace why
i have two identic rows. After examining the physical
id using ctid, i found that the two identic rows differ in their ctid).

Having this case, can i conclude that postgre cannot guarantee the
uniqueness of primary key? or is it just a bug of old
version of postgre?

Many thanks for your help.

Nizar
=====