PostgreSQL does not support updateable cursors

From: "Premsun Choltanwanich" <Premsun(at)nsasia(dot)co(dot)th>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL does not support updateable cursors
Date: 2008-03-03 07:06:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dear All,

Regarding to my conversation on mailing list as shown below, Is my problem related with any function on psqlODBC ? And, How can I fix it?

Thank you,

Premsun

>>> "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> 2/12/2008 14:04 >>>
Hello

PostgreSQL support updateable cursors but doesn't support updateable
views - so you cannot update views via ADO recordset. You can update
only tables.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

On 12/02/2008, Premsun Choltanwanich <Premsun(at)nsasia(dot)co(dot)th> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I got error message 'ERROR: column "ctid" does not exist; Error while executing the query' when I try to query SELECT on my VIEW as 'rsSystem.Open "SELECT * FROM v_memocatlist ORDER BY memocategory", connSystem, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic'.
>
> I found some information on internet about the PostgreSQL does not support updateable cursors so I change my code to be read only cursors as 'rsSystem.Open "SELECT * FROM v_memocatlist ORDER BY memocategory", connSystem, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly' then it work fine. However, I need to use this query for make data ready to be updated on some record.
>
> How can I fix this problem?
>
> More Information about my system.
> Database: PostgreSQL 8.3
> ODBC: psqlODBC 08.03.0100