Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DTrace probe patch for OS X Leopard
Date: 2008-02-29 21:27:58
Lists: pgsql-patches

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Would it work to name the traces "trace_transaction__start" etc instead?
> AFAICS that would cause the macros to be named
>
> POSTGRESQL_TRACE_TRANSACTION_START()

Correct, and that would work. With this approach, all the probe names
will start with trace-, and this particular one will be called
trace-transaction-start and can be used this way.

postgresql*:::trace-transaction-start
{
}

Actually, it reads better to me than having trace in front. If the above
macro name is acceptable, I'll take this route.

Regards,
-Robert