Immediate PostgreSQL opportunity Surrey, UK

From: Mike Saunt <mikesaunt(at)astuntechnology(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Immediate PostgreSQL opportunity Surrey, UK
Date: 2008-02-28 22:24:24
Lists: pgsql-jobs

<head>
</head>
Epsom ,Surrey UK and due to increased
demand have a couple of job vacancies.&nbsp; We're pretty technically
focussed and have an immediate requirement to help enhance our data
warehouse.&nbsp; We looking at providing a new solution to the market that
will use Django for a collaborative data sharing web solution for
partnerships between organisations which will include remote
administration and uploading of datasets.<br>
team
player, your enthusiasm and commitment to extend your skills base is
paramount along with your excellent PostgreSQL skills. We use </font><font
style="font-size: 10pt;" face="Arial">PostgreSQL </font><font
style="font-size: 10pt;" face="Arial">
extensively in combination with .NET Web Services and Python. Our
solution uses PostgreSQL as a Data Warehouse and synchronises with
Corporate
databases to provide single, fast access to disparate datasets. A great
understanding of Indexing, TSearch2, Metaphone, Statistics and PostGIS
and whilst knowledge of
other idiosyncrasies of PostgreSQL will be well received.
The principal functions involved in this role include helping to
maintain and extend:
* user management web services and stored procedures for our Email /
SMS Alerts service
* Various indexing and data massaging stored procedures using TSearch2
* Spatial elements of PostgreSQL using PostGIS in combination with OGR
and other open source tools
Experience with Python and PostGIS a big plus
Possibility of remote working but time in the office would be required
or alternatively Contractors who may wish for 2-3 days work per week
can apply<br>
Salary around the &pound;30,000 mark for the right candidate plus company
profit related bonuses<br>
This is urgent so prompt responses are welcome!<br>
Mike<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Mike Saunt

Astun Technology Ltd
Cadogan House, 4-6 High Street
Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AD, UK

t:+44 1372 440 143 m:+44 788 7777 680
iShareMaps - Getting Personal with the Citizen

'My Protected Trees' powered by iShareMaps
-- 'Innovation and Best Practice, Local Government' - AGI Awards 2007 (shortlisted)
</pre>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 2.5 KB