Re: We should get active / The tools

From: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>, PostgreSQL EU General <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: We should get active / The tools
Date: 2008-02-28 15:14:23
Lists: pgeu-general

Dave Page schrieb:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de> wrote:
>
>> What we need for external web page is clear. So please somebody start to
>> make the design. I was really serious at my comments, that I will ask
>> Bruce for the dancing elephant if there is no web page until the end of
>> next week. I can help with the content but not with the design.
>>

> I've asked a couple of times now, but what's wrong with the existing
> Drupal PG theme, with a different logo? Trust me, designing a site
> from scratch is a whole world of pain you don't want to go down. The
> reason Bruce put up the dancing elephant (pink version attached btw)
> was because there was such an insane amount of bike-shedding going on
> at the time, with noone helping those few of us trying to do the work
> to actually get it done. Probably the most useful casual contribution
> we had at the time was when Bruce fixed the colour scheme of the
> dancing elephant for me!
>
> For the interested, here is that thread:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2004-11/msg00178.php. The
> dancing elephant appears a few messages further on.
>
> :-)

Dave,

I think nobody was against the Drupal things too. The last emails I saw
was you discussing with others about a logo.
It really would be nice, that somebody will finally replace the cybertec
content with something from us. And if there is just a link to
postgresql.org at the middle during the first day.
I can fill it with lots of content next week (when I am back from
teaching database basics based on PG at the University) but therefor I
need to know, what I should use and how I get access for filling content.
Of course, I don't want to stop your "how should the logo looks like"
discussion :)

Susanne