Re: Latest postgres stable version

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Suresh Gupta VG <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Latest postgres stable version
Date: 2008-02-26 12:45:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Suresh Gupta VG <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com> wrote:
>>> May I know what is the stable pgsql release and latest?
>
> This topic has been addressed very recently, see this thread:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2008-02/msg00238.php

Yeah - and from that thread there are still misleading
web pages out there to confuse non-native English speakers.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_chinese_trad.html#1.6

which apparently says that 8.2.3 is the latest, and

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_czech.html#item1.6

which apparently says 8.2.5 is the latest.

Seems the web site might want to use some macro for the
latest versions to keep the various FAQs up-to-date.