Re: WHAT to push to internet

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, PostgreSQL EU <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WHAT to push to internet
Date: 2008-02-26 10:50:31
Lists: pgeu-general

Hi,

>> But we really need somebody who starts and make the layout. Don't we
>> really have no web designers?
>
> Why do we need designers? We have a PostgreSQL Drupal theme - let's
> just use that and tweak the logo to give it a European feel.

+1

About the logo, I imagine two solutions:

* the original one from pgsql inc, with *a few* european-yellow-stars
around (I'd wouldn't like all the current Eu stars, because years
passing, there are more countries joining.. So I'd like our logo to stay
in a fixed form. This as also an economic interest, since our goodies
will last)

* a completely new logo, to design. In this case we should call for
logos, as PostgreSQLFr did in his time:

- http://www.postgresqlfr.org/?q=node/472

we had plenty of proposals from individuals:

- http://dbadialog.free.fr/PGFr/logos.html

This permitted us to finaly vote our logo... and we rewarded the author
with some PostgreSQLFr goodies ;)

Thanks,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo