Re: We should get active ...

From: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 23:18:43
Lists: pgeu-general

Hi all,

>> I think the main feature we need for our wiki is some good
>> internationalisation. [...]

Great idea Damien :-)

> for what?
> We don't make support at the European group.

It depends what you call support. To me, we *do* support other groups.

> All what we discuss is just "organisation" stuff.

Thats your toughts. I hope we share and do many more things than simply
"organisation stuff", that I'd like you to explain a bit. I'm not sure I
understand it all there.

> For most stuff the language based communities are
> responsible and they already have language based communication bases.

You seem to forgot one of the goal we already discussed: what about the
"umbrella organization" for those countries without local representation?

> I am not sure, if we need a wiki at all.

I am sure I'd like to have one. I think we can *all* remember how Damien
did a such great work. Without a wiki it would have been really harder
to accomplish what he did.

> Usually we just need a page with lots of links to the language base and
> main communities :)

I hope pg-eu main project is not to be just an Eu portal of whats done
in Eu related to PG... Sure there may have something like this, in the
future, on the website, but it is definitely not only this!

Thanks,

--
Jean-Paul Argudo
www.PostgreSQLFr.org